Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

update

It has been a few days... Days that have been full of emotion, change and travel. Just 72 hours ago we had out last visit with Henok, Abenezer and Mikias. We ended up having more time than we thought and were there for over three hours.  This was good- we got to visit with Elizabeth more about their stories,  we got to play with them  a lot( and here A say mom and dad in English). I got to hear M participate in his school  class- he does SO well! I got to try out some more Amharic words and have the kids giggle at me!! But..I finally mastered Thankyou- Amaseganalu:)!  And I again had the privilege of meeting with the women who are part of another project at Abenezer who are making scarves and jewelry to support themselves  and the orphanage. and I have a full at case full of goodies to sell for an amazing cause!!

Anyways, as it got closer to the time to go the boys all got a little bit quieter...Henok again asked us when he was coming home and we promised each of them that we will be back to get them. And thank goodness Elizabeth was there to translate... The sweetest moments for me was when we hugged each of them and then prayed for them all. They all got down on one knee and so preciously closed their eyes as Riley prayed for each of them. Praise God that they have learn about who Jesus is and what He means to them. Through translation, we also now know that Abenezer want to be a singer when he grows up so that He can glorify God...amazing.
Giving them their gifts before we leave

He loves to read!!

photogenic:)

he loved the camera...and taking pictures!

saying goodbye...


So then it was time to go...they followed us to the gate and waved goodbye. And it was time to go- I was distracted by a couple of more things we needed to get ( nativity scene, coffee cups and a New Testament Amharic/English Bible) . By the time we got back to the bed and breakfast we needed to pack and then went for supper with C, D & B and Yod Abysinia. So good...
out for traditional Ehtiopia food just before we left...




















We left Addis very early in the morning and to be honest, I was glad to be in the air going somewhere. Ethiopia is an amazing place but I have seen so much and tried to connect with our boys so much that I am in a bit of overload. And I am missing my 4 kids at home and the familiarity and rhythm that home brings.  So being on the plane was OK. A piece of my heart has been left in Ethiopia but I know without a doubt that they are being taken care of during this wait, that they have each other and good friends to play with and the ultimately Jesus knows their hearts, worries and desires and that He is right there with them. 

So tonight Riley and I are in London- we have a layover and although we initially were frustrated but this time were are now incredibly grateful for the time to recover and reconnect with each other before we go into another different season before the boys come home... so goodnight from London- will write more soon!

Blessings,
Candra 

2 comments:

  1. I cried as I read this and looked at the pictures - so thankful for what God is doing in all of you in this time. Praying for your hearts and your boys hearts in this in between time and that soon you may be reunited as an entire family and begin a new phase. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Candra... Praying for you family as you enter this last period of separation... May your visa come swiftly!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete