Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

No roaring...yet!


I promise Candra is here - really! 
These are almost the only times in our marriage where I am the first one awake every morning (besides family vacation & when the 2 of us get away each year & when our 3 biological children were born). She has always been the morning person!

It's not nervousness that gets me up - I feel more like a caged lion that wants to play. Even somehow while I sleep. As Candra has slept this morning I have made too many laps of our room & living space. Court can't happen soon enough. TOMORROW can't happen soon enough when we can see the boys again & actually get to talk with them & hear their voices. In this way there are some parallels to expanding a family thru birth: as soon as the child is born you want to hold them & stare at them & observe everything they do & hear them make sounds & cuddle them some more & show them off. The challenge in our situation is that we will only get that time for an hour or 2 a day with 40-50 others vying for our attention - and it's only for 6 more days until we have to leave. I'm not upset - this is the way it has to be for now. But it makes me aggressively excited for the time I do have.

And she's still sleeping..... Time to go bug her!
R

1 comment: