Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Just the guys!!! (sorry Candra....)

As mentioned, Candra needed to stay back today so I headed off to visit our sons again (feels good to be past court and be able to officially call them 'sons', not just 'the boys' - although I'm sure I'll use both ways).  As soon as I walked in, M saw me & sprinted to give me a hug.  Not even close to the same response as 5 days ago!!!  The director told me today that he is very happy (as well as the other 2)!  H & A were just finished getting washed/cleaned, so they joined us a minute later.

Our kids in Canada had picked out some hotwheels for our sons in Ethiopia, so I took a few of them along - they were a big hit!  So much so that I really didn't interact much for the first 20 minutes with H, A, & M because they were too busy driving/flying around.


H's best friend had their new family show up to visit him & his brother today!!!  And they live in North Dakota, so we can connect!  Another answer to our prayer that our sons would have their good friends close by (and not some place in Europe).  Anywhere this family went, H would get me to go visit with them & stay close - I kept reassuring him in broken English that I will get their email or phone # (which I did).  I also let him have our camera for a while & noticed when I got home that all the pictures he took were of me visiting with this new family or of his best friend with his new family.  Another great moment of how story's are woven together!  To have them within driving distance & then to have M's best friend less than 2 hours away (and their family doing a fundraiser for us yesterday, today & tomorrow!!! - 3for3.webs.com) is awesome.  By the way, there are also some amazing kids in BC running laps over 3 days to fundraise to help bring our 3 boys home (we've never met any of them!) - look up Kids Helping Kids - From Canada With Love on Facebook!






My driver had not 1, but 2 separate flat tires on the way to pick me up, so I stayed for an extra 1.5 hours (not knowing what had happened to him - honestly it was nice to have more time so I didn't bother trying to phone him until he was almost there anyway).  I really didn't mind since it gave me more time at the orphanage to play & visit - everyone had eaten & the younger ones were in bed, so it was a little more relaxed.


Tomorrow we go to church with the orphanage director & then visit our sons in the afternoon.  Should be another great day (for me at least - hopefully for Candra too!).  It's rained every day here & thunderstorms every other day - wasn't prepared for that when I packed!

Power has been mostly 'out' today, but it's nice that it has come back on just as it's getting dark!
R

2 comments:

  1. Keep the posts coming - I can't get enough!
    I hope Candra feels better very soon.
    You guys are awesome and are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete