Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Halfway there!!


I made it to London very smoothly and now we have a 24 hour layover before we head to Ethiopia!! I am a little anxious as we go through Cairo, but have to trust that everything will be OK. Tonight, I made tea- cause you have to when you are in England! And am trying to stay up a few more hours to get my body on track for the time change...

It is less than 72 hours until we see our sons...until we are WITH them and begin to get to KNOW them!!!!! It is a feeling I cannot describe...but is it a feeling of great humility, blessedness, provision and thankfulness. We as a family are honoured that we get to be a part of these boys lives. That they get to be part of our family...forever!!! I think I am feeling a great responsibility, mixed with a healthy dose of uncertainty as this becomes a reality. But I am SO excited to begin the adventure...I guess that is part of the adventure...figuring it out as you go. When we first church planted, Riley often compared it to bush whacking . Knowing what is 2-3 steps ahead is all you need some days- not the whole picture! And this keeps us from trying to do it on our own. God has guided our steps through this adoption, he has led many of you to pray and  He has given us now seven of His precious children to love, cherish and hold for the time we have here....

God sets the lonely in families (psalm 68:6)...

...at the airport, ready to go:)

Blessings,
Candra

1 comment:

  1. Whoo Hoooo! I've been thinking about you guys SO MUCH. Thank you for the updates. I'm bursting with excitement, so I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete