Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thankful in the "in between"

I never really thought we would have this in between time...our sons were supposed to come home late September/mid October and we would have been well on our way with 7 children. But...things beyond our control have taken place and now we wait for our government to collect the information they want before they will issue Canadian visas so our boys can enter this country. So it is in between... Getting more ready, waiting and trying to live life to the fullest while not getting completely distracted by things we cannot control. So instead of crawling into a cave and staying there for the duration, we have filled up our next few weeks with fun things in hopes that we will have our boys home before Christmas... So today is a few things I am thankful for in the in between...

1. I have recently had to let go of my pediatric position (my passion as a physical therapist) as the commuting was taking its toll on me and our family...but I am so thankful for all of those extra hours (as it was all put towards our adoption costs) and the connections I got to make with my colleagues and the families I was privileged to serve.

2. I am now working only .5 so I get to spend more time at home---trying to bring a new balance to that  but it is definitely something I am looking forward to. Except the cleaning part:) I love to tidy but would rather someone else clean!!

3. Because we are still a family of 6 on this side of the ocean, I just registered for an adoption conference that I wasn't gonna be able to get to! So I am going and so looking forward to exploring this passion of mine a bit more, worshipping and hearing from some great speakers!!

4. And...because it is in Calgary I get to meet my newest niece and I am so excited!!

5. My sweet oldest girl gets to go on adventure all by herself with her daddy for 4 days- he has a work commitment and she gets to go along! And it is somewhere warm:) I am so thankful this worked out and hoping it will make memories for her that will last a lifetime!

6. We get to travel east (because Riley also has to go there with his work) to see family and friends this November, which will be so good to connect before the craziness of 7!

7. I am thankful I get to be an examiner again this month for a clinical national exam for our profession. I enjoy assisting in this way and it is always good to meet new people!

8. I am thankful that the boys are being well taken care of and although we cannot be there in person, they are a part of our thoughts, prayers and family dynamic every single day:)







9. I am thankful for my husband and 4 kids here at home who continue to amaze me with their insight and strength each day. My husband stayed an extra week in Ethiopia fighting for our boys to come home and did everything he could. I am thankful for his leadership and commitment to our family. And my kids here continue to anticipate life with their brothers and pray for them every night...



10. I have been reflecting on how God has provided throughout this process and He continues to see us through it. We have an awesome community of people praying for us and for our boys. And the cost of this process has been more with each added step and now a third trip (and of course the flights costs are at the highest) but we know that God continues to go before us and through opportunities  & many people, He continues to provide. Thankful does not even begin to describe how amazing this has been.

So even amidst the unknown waiting and the feelings that go along with that - there is joy.

Blessings,
Candra


No comments:

Post a Comment