Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

A couple of days ago...

October 2nd, 2013

We are somewhere over the Atlantic right now, in between here and there. In about 9 hours we will land again on Ethiopian soil. In about 16 hours we hope to see our sons again- just need to arrange a taxi:) Today, I am feeling more hopeful and trying to live each day to the fullest. 
Last night on our flight to Washington, I had tears pouring out of me. Almost a despair that things were about to get very complicated. I felt torn between my children in Canada and my children in Ethiopia. I have heard many times that adoption is not for the faint of heart. I sure felt like the faint of heart last night- didn't really know where or what step to take next. All of this going on in my head in a plane seat- a middle seat no less. Trying to keep it together- thank goodness the woman next to me was sleeping:) But God, in all of His wisdom, put me together for all of my time on this earth with my best friend.  He comforted me and spoke with a calmness about what was to come. That we are going to see our boys and do what we can.  I am not even the one staying indefinitely- he is!! And I am the one losing it:) And I/ we are feeling your prayers as we venture across this ocean again.  

They are necessary and are being answered. 

Thank you for praying for our flights- so far, so good.
Thank you for praying for our kids at home and my awesome mom- they are doing great so far!
Please keep praying for our boys...please pray for their health-  physically, emotionally and spiritually. They are going through a lot right now and we are about to show up and not follow the typical 'second trip' of adoption.  Pray for peace for them and for understanding. 

Today marks another very special day- my sister and her husband met their son for the very first time today...in SA!  He is 14 months old today and is adorable!!!! I am so thankful for another beautiful nephew and it super cool that he happens to share little man's birth country:) 

 So from above the ocean...thanks for reading. Thanks for your support and words of encouragement as we step into the next phase of this journey. Here we go....

Blessings,
Candra



No comments:

Post a Comment