Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

identity

Transitions give a vulnerability and transparency to moments in my life...
     They seem to effortlessly expose what is important in life and what isn't. Effortless but not easy.

Transitions & change seem to be the "routine" in our life...over our 15 years of marriage God has given us many opportunities to move forward in faith. And moving forward does not usually feel like skipping in a beautiful field of flowers...usually it more like CHOOSING to slug through a muddy swamp. But on the other side when you remove those heavy rubber boots, you feel so light.

And when you are light, when the heaviness has been lifted, it reveals identity. Over the last few weeks I have been trudging, slowly getting to drier ground and finding a place to remove my boots. Transitions are hard. It takes little effort and little time for change to happen but often longer to allow it to reveal what is important. And what I am finding...and should already know but forget to quickly....is that ultimately I am a daughter of the most amazing Father in heaven.

Worrying about a changing job, a changing a role as an adoptive momma - which is bound to be more difficult than I can imagine-  a changing routine, a changing lifestyle - none of this reveals my true identity. And none of the anxiety, the stress about what is to come, the concerns about how on earth we are going to do this... in what I think has been the biggest transition so far in our family's life (and we have had some HUGE ones in the past) ... None of this is what my identity is built upon.

In these moments of vulnerability..it is there that I rest in Him. Where I find worth, value and my guidance. It is not what I do but who I am. How I choose to be. Where I find my identity reveals what is valuable in my life. And what is valuable in my life is pursuing His call for me and for our family as He leads us through all of these beautiful, life changing and inevitably "slugging through the mud" transitions.

Change often happens in a moments notice..effortlessly. The transition may come more slowly. But what is revealed on the other side is worth the work. Worth the wait. It is where I know- without a doubt -that however easy or hard the moments may be...I am right where He wants me to be...

Psalm 138:8...The Lord will work out his plans for my life- for your faithful love,
O lord endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.




Blessings,
Candra







1 comment:

  1. These words are beautiful Candra, and I resonate with so many of them...resting in Him and trusting His leading and guiding in our lives. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete