Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Last 4 days...final day


There are not words to adequately describe today.October 9, 2013. it was intensely emotional. heartbreakingly beautiful. it was a kairos moment. A day that I will be eternally grateful for. 
It was the morning that the meeting at the embassy took place. It was not a meeting we were involved in but we prayed all morning. And we felt the prayers of many of you lifted to the heavens on our behalf. 

It is also the day that we met our sons' birth mom. I will never forget that hour for the rest of my life. I am thankful for the boys that we have that. And for us. And for her. The boys know we met her and there was almost visible relief from our oldest. It pleased him.  She is forever their 'enat' and I am forever their mommy.  

 It is the last visit that I had with the boys on Ethiopian soil. it was good and hard. I didn't expect it this way.to not bring them home. To not be there for their going away ceremony. to not be there to give their first baths or tuck them into bed. But they have a great daddy to do all those things and I am sure I will have my fair share when they get home! they all called me mommy for the first time! Our middle one has been saying of for some time but not the others. it was a beautiful surprise. We said goodbyes with huge hugs and Riley said he would be back tomorrow. They all lit up with big smiles.

It was my last day on Ethiopia soil for the foreseeable future...I didn't think this would affect me as much as it did. 

This trip has been more comfortable and my eyes are definitely more willing to see the landscape, the people, the culture.The first trip I was focused on surviving, trying to get over culture shock, seeing the boys, not getting sick ( I did get sick but not this time...). I will miss this country. being here. But I know as a family we are always going to have Ethiopia as a part of us and how we serve/ be in relationship with the people of this country is still a work in process.

we were able to go for coffee one last time. A sweet end to my time here in Addis Ababa. 

It was a difficult end to get on a plane by myself, leaving one part of my family behind but anxious to see the other part at home. Joy and sorrow. 

But I know..I know...that He will make a way for Riley and the boys to be home soon. I hope for this with all of my heart and continue to pray and commit everything to His hands. Riley and I prayed before I left and entrusted our family once again to Him. 

It was an important day. a good day. an emotional day. a cairos day- where time stood still. And we continue to be thankful for His work in each of our lives. 

Blessings,
Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment