Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Part 2...life as I know it.

As promised, the rest of my week included several more events. In no particular order....

**I was privileged to be able to speak to a group of about 25-30 moms up in PA about our adoption story. I took these little cuties along for the ride!






 Off the top, I emphasized that each of our stories of how our children came into our families is unique and that each are important (whether by birth or adoption). And that families can be built through birth and or adoption and that they are both first best! As most of you know, our story was unique in both timing and how God orchestrated many things to culminate in meeting our son. So it was fun to have a platform to talk about my family and hopefully encourage others to gain awareness of the orphan crisis in our world and to consider adoption!
On thing that I didn't have time to share, given the make up of the group, was how it has changed me, particularly in my understanding of my adoption in Christ. I have come to understand that my adoption in Christ is how I have become part of the family of God BUT then we are family. that is it...family. We are brothers and sisters in Christ. The adoption does not define us. I am a child of God not I am an adopted child of God. This is an important differentiation in my mind because it brings clarity to and understanding to my relationship with Christ and other followers of Christ. Just as I consider Jude my son, Gabriella my daughter, Malachi my son and Eve my daughter - so to am I God's daughter. He loves me for who I am, not how I became part of the family. He loves me unconditionally with unmeasurable grace. I understand this better because of our adoption of our son. I love him unconditionally and am blessed and humbled to have him as my son.

**Next in the week was our very anticipated (at least by us) 5th annual Christmas party!

introducing...the hosts!


On the first friday of December, we always get to host a bunch of our friends for a party. Good food and lots of it, great conversation, lots of laughter and catching up - and in lieu of bringing food, we ask  people to consider giving a donation to a cause that is chosen. In the past, we have given to World Vision, a veterinary mission in Mongolia, Living water international  & KIVA. This year, we chose to support a baby home start up in Africa...we raised about 250$ which is awesome! It was a great night and even with all my worry, we were no where near going to run out of food!

lots of food...tarts made by Eve & I


love cheese platters!


I love hosting people and even in our new home everyone fit, for which I was very thankful.

**And Saturday marked my 32nd birthday! It was a great day, starting off with a kids Christmas party at my work...so fun and good to catch with everyone. I am so grateful to work with the people that I do. They are amazing. Lunch out was a mistake with kids who were getting sick and also very tired...oh well, live and learn! I got the best birthday gift ever in the form of a nap in the sun in the afternoon....so lovely. And then a date with Riley to end off the day. absolutely wonderful. Every year brings with it something new and this year, we are looking forward to hopefully being in our new house before my 33rd birthday!  Looking forward to living life this year with a great husbandand a 7,5,3 and 1 year old! So crazy and so fun.

*last but not least - Sunday I got to watch (with a whole lotta of pride!) my oldest daughter...


love her!

...read the advent reading and scripture at our church! It is super awesome that kids & their contribution to the life of the church is valued!

at our very amazing church (Journeys)


**And to end part 2 of 2, 2 pictures of my boys. 

Brotherly love. enough said.


I love this pic! He is so proud of his hats and we think he looks adorable.



Blessings, 
Candra

1 comment:

  1. Candra, you are such a positive person! It just shines through in your writing, I love that. Happy Belated Birthday, I'm glad to have such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete