Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Part 1...life as I know it


What  whirlwind of a week and a half! I love living life this way, with new experiences around every corner, but it doesn't leave me a lot of time to post. So I admit I am behind and that this may be a rather long post...so bear with me!
My trip to Baltimore to visit my (other ) best friend was incredibly wonderful with a good balance of relax time (I actually got to sit through a while movie and eat supper at 7:00pm!) and fun times out. I do miss Kate a tonne here is Saskatoon but it was so good to catch up with her (and her husband!) and hear how well things are going for them on their new adventure. Riley did amazing at home with the kids, even though they were all sick (go figure...). I missed the kids but not in a way that made me want to jump on the next flight home- it was very different but good to get some girl time (complete with pedicures, starbuck & shopping!)..So Wednesday I flew in and got to have crabs my very first night - yum! When I showed my kids this picture, they said yuck!


I was blessed to experience my first american thanksgiving, complete with all the trimmings...as you can tell, I did a lot of eating! I did get time to skype with the kids though, which we all loved....


We didn't do Black Friday,which I was very thankful for -all the craziness, consumerism & craziness!!!! Saturday, K & R took me out on the town and I got to see some of Baltimore! We went to a great Tapas bar...so good. I had never had tapas due to the fact that we have kids and they would never get filled up so it was a great first experience! 
And then....insert drum roll....we went to THE most amazing pie place ever with THE most amazing cherry pie. All they serve is pie which I though was a fabulous concept...so fun!

(savoring the moment)
Sunday was my last full day in warm weather Baltimore and I got to go to my very first NFL game! I have to admit that I am not a football fan but I do know enough to get by (thanks to football games on CBC growing up). The experience was fantastic with great seats and by the end, I was even cheering at the right times! 


(getting ready...love that they even had a jersey for me!)

(the most amazing friend...good times!)

(with great hosts!)

(some guy offered to take our picture, obviously we weren't ready!)

(I cannot...repeat...cannot be in the States without eating a soft pretzel!!!)

Monday came...and in the quietest international terminal I have every been in I was able to relax and reflect a little on the goodness I had just been able to experience! And I was reminded of the many blessings that I have in my life. An amazing husband who would willingly choose to give his wife a vacation away by herself. 4 wonderful kids who love me unconditionally, even when i don't deserve it. Great friends who love & support me. Daily bread. The ability to give and bless others. And the list goes on.....


And this - our Christmas tradition. 2 days after I got home, we were able to spend some time the six of us putting up our tree, enjoying Chinese food together, getting the kids into PJ's and heading to the Enchanted forest. it was a magical night...I love that the kids delight in it all!





(with their stockings on...or to quote Malachi"Hey mom, I've got my Jesus sock on!"...oh, I love him!)

(enjoying watching the festivities!!)

And off to the Enchanted forest we went...

they loved it....notice the no boot on little man -he still prefers bare feet!

(the most excited of the bunch was our girl..."look it, look it, look at that" - Repeat!)

(so blessed that we have him home for these memories....)


So there is half of my last few days in a nutshell! Also on the menu was speaking at a mom's group in PA about our adoption, our 5th annual Christmas party and my birthday! Will be for my next post! A good week, even amongst some difficult times...And to come home to this - a sparkling tree in a cozy living room. It makes me smile every time.


I am truly blessed to be living this life and hope that for whoever is reading...that you would be reminded these days of the blessings in your life! thanks for reading.

Blessings, 
Candra

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Candra! Glad you had a fabulous vacation and enjoyed some wonderful traditions with your whole family! It's impossible this time of year to not be grateful for all of our blessings. We have a little blessing who continues to prefer bare feet too! ;)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and your tree looks fantastic!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete