Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A few of my favorite things!

This last week, we are now officially on the mend from all of our sickness...thankfully, Riley & I were able to stay relatively healthy through it all! So I thought I would write about a few of my favorite things that were a part of my week this week:


**I definitely like a tidy house and I have to admit I get a little anxious when playdough, paints, and loads of craft supplies come out to be played with. I am learning though and getting better @ going with the flow! So this week, the kids decorated cookies...a friend of ours had given us  a spectacular gift! Se had already made sugar cookies in all different shapes - with them there was 4 different colors of icing and an array of sprinkles to choose from! It was awesome. So I set up the plastic tablecloth and let them go at it. I loved watching them decorate, and eat, and decorate! I I didn't clean up til they were all done! So fun...


**Visiting with good friends that we have met along our adoption journey! We were blessed to have friends over who are in the process of adoption. It is so good and necessary to encourage, share stories and just be able to support  them as they wait for their child! I have to say that our kids were VERY disappointed that they had to go to bed before they came. We have been incredibly blessed by friends that love our kids and so I take it as a good thing when our kids really want to hang out with our friends!


**I really really like budgeting. I like knowing where our money is going. I like to know how much I have left! It reminds me of when I was little counting all my change....I like balancing budgets (on a small scale...). I spent about an hour doing it tonite and it is quite relaxing. Weird  - I know but for me....very rewarding!


**My 2 little ones spent today at daycare as a trial run and they did A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! We have an incredible daycare provider but I was a little anxious about leaving little man. When I came to pick him up, he still had his sparkle in his eye and was super happy and content. Eve plainly put...didn't want to come home! She had sooo much fun! So, an answer to prayer. Just over 2 weeks to go...


**Cooking is one of my favorite things. Tonite on the menu was Creamy Chicken Peanut soup. SOOOO good and a hit with the kids (even with sweet potatoes, red pepper and black beans)! Success. This week, I am looking forward to trying some SA recipes that we had while we were there- we will see how they turn out!


**One of my newer favorite things is raising awareness about adoption and the global orphan crisis. I am passionate about it. I am excited when people share that they are considering adoption. I get excited when others want to support organizations/projects that assist orphans. Stay tuned for a couple of stories & opportunite related to this....


As I continue to write, I am in awe & humbled to see that many people are checking this blog and staying a while to read my sometimes very random thoughts. Thank you. I hope that my words continue to be encouraging & maybe even thought provoking (at times!) and that somehow my/our story will be  of some assistance to you in living out your very unique story.

I guess I have just been reflecting at all the amazing people God has placed in my life. I would be honored if you would give me an update on your life or introduce yourself if you are new to my blog ... Share a prayer request or update me on your adoption journey.... 




Prayer & blessings to each of you,

Candra



No comments:

Post a Comment