Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A very long post

It has been too long since I have taken the time to sit down and post something...I love doing it but finding/making the time to do it sometimes proves elusive! So in advance, I warn you that this is somewhat of a random post and may at times be long winded but this is a glimpse of what we have been up to over the last couple of weeks. 

I love celebrating birthdays and at the end of march, I got to throw 2 parties! One for my little princess and one for my husband.
birthday people!

They are born on the same day, exactly 30 years apart so we had a weekend extravaganza! Saturday was all about little princess. She made the guest list and I invited. We had helium balloons, playtime, cupcakes and presents. I was smart this time and planned it in the afternoon so no meals needed to be provided! She LOVED it. Although she did think that her birthday should go on and on and on......


me and m getting ready for the party...he helped me fill all these!


birthday girl and her new bike


eating the icing of her cupcake...doesn't like cake!


balloon cupcakes


love you...sweet little princess

it is hard to believe that she was once this little.



She is a beautiful, confident happy little 3 year old, but some days I miss the baby girl who graced our house each day. She is absolutely full of life and is such a sweetheart!

Sunday, was all about my man. Except for the morning when he had to work! I took him out for supper at the Taj. it is THE MOST AMAZING indian restaurant! The food was incredible. It did make us a little homesick for SA, as we ate a lot of curry there as well. We were able to spend some time talking about us, the future and what God has intended for our lives and for our children. It was awesome.


And then we went home...put out a bunch of appetizers and friends started arriving! WE had a great time hanging out with friends, laughing and celebrating his birthday! And, I attempted and succeeded at making red velvet cake with buttercream icing.
happy birthday!

It was sooooo good - and he thought so to!

Monday, there actual birthday was a quiet family night with an outing to McDonalds for ice cream. A perfect way to end the birthday celebrations of 2 people that I love so much!



A few other things have popped up in the last couple of weeks....
SPRING IS HERE...I hope.

We are in process of putting away winter clothes. I figure they can always wear a hoodie underneath if they need! We went for our first family bike ride/snowball throwing walk and that was super fun!

the rubber boot swagger!

beautiful.

so happy to be back on his bike!


 We invested in new rubber boots and splash pants for all and headed over to our house build where currently we have lakefront property. The kids had a blast!

the epic puddle



Swimming lessons have begun for the 2 older kids; they loved it! Little princess was looking longingly at the water - her class was full an hour after registration opened. Crazy. We will try next time.

OUR HOUSE IS GETTING A ROOF.

our new home


In other exciting news, the house is coming along! The roof should be on soon and all windows and doors should be in by end of April. Now the exciting part begins for me where there are many choices that I get to help make. I am looking forward to it.....
I am so blessed to have a husband who is building this house for our ever expanding family! It is truly a labor of love and a sacrifice, as he is doing it on the side. We are also blessed with some amazing friends whose support has been incredible and unwaivering.

So for tonight, I think I will end it here. All in all, life is good. There are moments that it seem crazy and overwhelming but that dissipates pretty quickly, knowing that I trust in a God who will never leave, a husband who supports me fully and 4 great kiddos who say I love you every single day. Laundry that is not completely done, the house is often partially clean ( I am a good "tidier"), an occasional speeding ticket cause I wanted to get home fast (yes that did happen last weekend...ughh) and all those other little distractions are gonna take a backseat so that I can love fully and try and enjoy each day that I am given.
I will pay the speeding ticket though.

I have a lot on my mind about sacrifice and what it means to live sacrificially. I am hoping to bring all these thoughts together for my next post, which will hopefully be sooner than the last.

Thanks for making it to the end.
Blessings,
Candra




P

1 comment:

  1. Missing you all tons and tons. Can't believe the house is a real house - can't imagine what it will be like when we finally come back for a visit.

    Love you all more than you know!! xo

    ReplyDelete