Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

happy Easter and tug of war...Part 2

Easter has always been my favorite time of the church year. Reconsidering more intentionally what Christ has  done for me. that because of His death & resurrection, I am forgiven. I am loved. And I get to experieince His grace.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - Ephesians 2:8

It is truly a gift and one that too easily can be forgotten in the routines and the chaos of life. take last night for example. Riley is away on an incredible ministry trip and so I find myself parenting by myself. I admitted tonight that I was lonely. Something I rarely allow myself to feel. So for 10 minutes I was pretty upset and was just wanting to wallow in it a bit more....
But then as i was praying I felt God saying "Hold onto Me". It is far to easy for me to simply try and take control of my life rather than recognize that I cannot do it on my own. It feels like a tug of war sometimes....Following God's leading in my life is not always easy. Sometimes is terrifies me because it is complete trust and I have to blindly take a step. Sometimes it is just hard work... being disciplined in my spiritual life, parenting well, being a good friend, striving and seeing my marriage grow. So the words "hold on to me" helped me to realize that I am not alone. Not matter what I feel like at any given moment- that I don't always have to try and win the tug of war.....

Christ is risen, and because of that I am alive. never alone on this crazy exhilarating adventure called life.

Blessings,

Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment