Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Date week...ahhh

I am a huge advocate of time away with your spouse. Whether it be an evening, a night away , a fun weekend getaway or a week away....it is always worth it. We try very hard to keep this rhythm in our marriage. Uninterrupted time to talk, catch up on things other than the kids, talk about dreams and goals for the future, have fun together, laugh, and just love each other. I know it sounds sappy and for some people, maybe quite silly or ridiculous to do but we have seen HUGE benefits in our family. Our relationship with God is better. Our marriage is stronger. Our parenting is better - cause we can really appreciate our kids for who God created them to be when we step out of daily routine for a little bit! Our kids get to create simply amazing memories with their grandparents, aunties and uncles & god parents - which they likely would have never done otherwise. We have an amazing family who is willing and adores our children...we have promised to return the favor when they have kids!!! Can't wait!

And it is just good to be reminded that I am my man's bride and that he is the same fun guy I dated way back in high school...
This year we were blessed with 7 nights away - it is great how I now measure my holiday by the number of full nights sleeps I get! We got to hang out on the beach, read, kayak, snorkel, jump in the waves and had a great adventure. And we learned a little more about each other.  Always good....
getting ready to snorkel...this was a much better picture than of me with the actual face mask on!

on island that we kayaked too...so fun - and I saw 2 sea turtles on the way out! Definitely a highlight!

our kayak...I didn't have the camera out when we actually were on the water!

matsumoto's shaved ice...world famous - there is nothing quite like it.

Riley body surfing...me watching on shore. Super fun!

fun in the sun

The North Shore

watching surfers on the North Shore...so good.

Sanucks...some of my favorite shoes!

And  a little treat that I love - switched to cold Starbucks for the trip - so good & probably a little spoiled!
 And many asked how this little guy did for his mom & dad's first time away...

Amazing. Wonderful. He had so much fun with Auntie & Uncle and Grandma & Grandpa! As did the older three too. One of my kids was quite upset when we got home because they felt that they would have no more fun.
So sweet.
So I guess that means that dreaming and planning can start all over again for another date week in the future....until then, I will try and infuse lots of fun times into our day to day moments as I love and live life with my family!

Thanks for reading.
Have a great frigidly cold week...if you live where i do!

blessings,
Candra

4 comments:

  1. I just have to say that sun looks amazing!!! Good for you for the date week...we are dreaming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, you lucky ducks!!!! How wonderful is this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Can't wait to hear the stories that go along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful. What a wonderful destination to spend some quality time with your husband.

    ReplyDelete