Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

waiting...

These things I plan won't happen right away...If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed. Habbakkuk 2:3 

This verse has been on my mind the last few days as I have been praying about adoption and for those in process. The country we adopted our fourth child from is experiencing some longer than potentially expected delays and the little ones who are waiting for families have to wait longer. 
As we are blessed to have our guy home, I know that I don't fully understand the feelings of all waiting families - but I do know what it feel like to wait on something that you are anxiously expecting. It is hard. Extremely hard. We are not wired that way. Patience is not innate - for me at least. This verse put it so well - God know our hearts. He hears our prayers. Even when it seems slow.  He hears the prayers of those across the ocean, those of the children waiting, & those of caregivers and others advocating so passionately for adoption.

It will surely take place.

For all of you who read my blog - 
If you are adopting. Please know I am praying for you. Praying that blessings & goodness would abound even in this season of seemingly despair. I am praying for all the systems to be worked out so that once again, the little ones can come home quickly. 
For those of you who would like...please pray these things too. To extend it further...pray for all orphans around the globe, the little ones in foster care in our own backyard, for the children who have no one to call their family. God hears our prayers. He works in amazing and wonderful ways. It may seem overwhelming but...

Wait patiently...it WILL surely take place.

I hope this has been somewhat encouraging. Love and prayers,

Candra



1 comment: