Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Glimpses of beauty

As I was running tonight - yes I got on the treadmill! For only 20 minutes but not bad since I cannot breath out of my nose... it was calling me....once I was on I loved it! Anyway, as I was running I was contemplating about the beauty I have in my life, even when at first glance it may not be seen.

Last week, on the most frigid day (-45) I came home to this....


to be reminded that I am loved and also that the cold will not last forever. Beauty.

We went over to the lot last week. I packed the kids up for 20 minutes of time to see daddy while he was out building. Some people, I am sure think we are crazy...sometimes we think we are crazy.  There is a tonne that goes into building a house and if you don't manage your expectations it can quickly become overwhelming.  So even though the process is long and the end is a ways away, I wouldn't trade the beauty of this....


for anything. Making memories as a family. Helping daddy. Building our own home together. Beauty.


We had a visit planned with friends this week, but swung by the clinic before we went, only to find out our oldest had tonsillitis. We were blessed by our friends who were still OK with us coming over while our oldest laid down on their couch.  And coming over with 4 kids to begin with! Even with a sick kid, we had a great time connecting with friends, encouraging (hopefully) each other and eating amazing cookies! Thank you you guys...you know who you are.

My husband is away at Board meetings for a Bible college. Loads of laundry await me in the morning. Probably a 6:30 start with my little princess. Cleaning. grocery shopping. But it is good to be with them. It is good to be able to text my man every other minute.
It is good to be leaving this life with them; to be reminded that they are God's precious and most treasured gifts.




That is life's beauty. No matter what the circumstance...there seems to always be a glimpse.

Have a great weekend!
Candra

2 comments:

  1. Yah for tulips and eventual spring! Poor Ella, send our bestest to her. Tell her I'm thankful I've never had tonsil troubles, as I'm not a fan of Jello and that seems to be all people eat when their tonsils are sore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Candra...and so true! We always love having you guys over...especially with the kids! And yes, it was an encouraging time for us as well! Have a great weekend. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete