Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Great Things

Great things...this is a pretty vague title for a blog post, yet is seemed completely fitting given what I want to share. Great things are hard to recognize sometimes - small everyday moments or things that we take for granted often don't make the list. We wait for that one...big...thing...which usually is only at the beginning of the lineup for the next great things. So here, if I have not confused you yet, is a list of  some of the great things that I recognized in my week this week:

1. The.best.quickest.hardly-any-clean-up.meal.EVER! Presenting....



French toast made in a waffle iron. Dress it up with fruit, whip cream or just plain syrup and enjoy. Ready for 4 kids in less than 15 minutes!

2. This conversation that took place with my almost 3 year old princess:



Princess: Mommy, I like your necklace.
Me: Thank you.
Princess: I like your bracelet.
Me: Thankyou.
Princess: I like your legs.
Me: (proceed to look down and she is pointing at my spider veins). Uh...thanks sweetheart.
Princess: they are pretty.
Well...I guess it is all in perspective!

3. This warm weather
We are currently in process of building our own home. It is the generic "we" at present. My husband (who is amazing) is out in the cold putting on the floor so he can begin framing. This warm weather has sped that process up a little and made it a little more bearable for a week!

working on the study


4. Dessert
I do have weakness for desserts. Me and my kids made this for a supper this week with friends. The picture speaks for itself. yum!


death by chocolate...mmmmm

5. Running
When I get myself onto the treadmill, I love it! It is getting there that is sometimes the hard part. Anyways, we are in the beginning stages of organizing RUN143 (2nd annual)  - an ultra marathon to raise money for adoptive families & organizations  and to raise awareness about the orphans in our world. Please check out the link and consider tying up some shoes and joining us! The link is RUN143.

last year...finishing the run!


6. Dancing
I myself cannot dance but as a family, we were able to go watch my oldest at ballet practice. it was a great thing to watch her dance, and understand and perform the techniques. We all loved it! And she was stunning.

arabesque

too cute

7. Date nights
They are the best....had one last night. loved it! Could have talked for hours more...marriage is a beautiful thing!

me & my best friend!


So as you can see - great things come in small and large packages and moments! Remember to find the great things in your days, weeks and months. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Candra

3 comments:

  1. So many great things! I checked out the site and I would definitely be interested in the awareness marathon. I love running and I am passionate about the cause so it is perfect! :) Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all you celebrated, especially the pics of Ella and how much you and Riley love each other.

    ReplyDelete