Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A good day...

I wrote this Friday night...

Today I was home. Home from work. Didn't leave the house once. Somtimes these kind of days drive me stir crazy but today was not one of these days. This morning I was blessed to have coffee with a great friend and her two wonderful and goreous little girls. They older ones played wonderfully while we had tea amidst apple juice, dollies, and goldfish crackers. i love that it doesn't phase me anymore. This is just part of the privilege of me being a mom; the noise, the giggles, along with the pouting & whining and the snacks...the never ending snacks!  I swept up after they left, having no guilt in not mopping for who knows how long.... the afternoon is quiet time - always quiet time. The little two still nap which is a dream! The older two play quietly, read books or watch TV. And it is time for me to rejuvenate a little. Today it included three freshly cleaned bathrooms, doing some accounting for our build, having my last watermelon perrier and doing a couple loads of laundry....Not always am I that task oriented. I do like a good book.

Everyone wakes up around 3:30 and then the action begins again! Snacks, playing and laughter (& often some crying!) are common around here. I sometimes feel like a short oder cook!  Today we switched things up a bit with a dance party in the kitchen while we were prepping supper.  I don't think Jude knew what to do, but was bouncing by the end! We also baked a favorite of Riley's = banana chocolate chip coffee cake. He was out working on the house today on his day off and we thought that this would be a great surprise. We were right!  Supper rolled around and now I had my niece and nephew here for a sleepover...six kids and me. It was awesome! They play so well and we had a great supper together eating Maple Chicken curry penne - a family favorite.

Amidst all this my son came up to me and said "mom, you are the greatest mom ever"! Melt my heart. Being a mom is worth every moment of every day...no matter how hard it gets. When you hear words like that, you know you are doing something right.

from the summer...hiking with friends @ Silverstar!
With supper done, everyone was off to play so a quick clean of the kitchen and time to hang out with my little ones. This time of night is always a guess, whether they will be super happy or tired and ready for bed. Tonight it was one of each! We got everyone off to bed and then, quite possibly one of my favorite moments of each day. Silence. I try not to have anything to do, other than maybe pack lunches. It is time to rest, hang out with my man, read and reflect on the day. A good day.

It is so easy to pick the day apart. What didn't go right. What I did wrong as a mom & wife & friend. What I could do better. What didn't get done that should have. I am learning (and think I am doing a better job) of leaving each day as it is. If you look. sometimes it takes some effort. There is ALWAYS goodness, joy and beauty in the day.

And today there was.

Blessings,
Candra

1 comment:

  1. Aww, yah for those kind of days! "Maple Chicken Penne?" Sounds YUMMY- pls send the recipe!

    ReplyDelete