Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

TV

So we have been videotaped again! Earlier in the summer for the run, Riley did a spot on CBC radio about run143. On a side note, we are gearing up to do it again...check out at RUN 143!! If you want to join in any way shape or form let me know!  Looking forward to assisting another family along on their journey of adoption! Getting back to the theme - TV - we also got to share our story with Sasktel cable network and they did a short 10 minute documentary on us and the run as well. We have no idea why we received these opportunities as there are many people that have experienced far more than us, but we'll keep talking about adoption as along as someone is listening!!! So today we were lucky enough to participate in Saskatchewan's first Adopt walk, an event designed to raise awareness about adoption and funds for the Adoption Support Centre of Saskatchewan. It was awesome and we had a blast. The kids loved doing the laps and we  all had so much fun hanging out with friends and meeting new friends!

getting ready to walk!

Getting back to TV, we were asked to do a quick interview with Global about our international adoption experience with little man so we did and they used some of it in their piece about the walk on the news tonite! (November 13 evening news - 1st story of the newscast) I hardly think I looked at the camera cause I was too busy hoping the kids would sit well - they did awesome!!! And my husband - what can I say, he is a natural in front of the camera and he loves his family so much!
We also had a blast tonight hanging out with families that are in process or who have adopted from SA! I hardly saw my kids they were having too much fun...thanks again everyone for the great night! Those of you who are waiting - you are in my prayers tonite.
Blessings, Candra

2 comments:

  1. I watched the news and you guys were great! It was good to see the event on TV and I hope it sparks more awareness. Thanks again for having us tonight...it was great to visit and the food was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go see if I can find it on the link. Thanks so much for hosting our families, you have a beautiful family :) Hope to see you guys again soon.

    ReplyDelete