Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Him

I have been wanting to do this post for a while...to talk about the most important person in my life. The one that I cannot imagine being on this adventure without! My husband.
Before I get to far into this, I will warn you that this might be kind of sappy and romantic.  Riley is an incredibly thoughtful, compassionate, romantic and committed husband.
The picture shows all of that!?!?



I amazed that God has given me Riley to share my life with. We definitely click....most of the time and I will say that our marriage continues to be refined each and every year into something even more precious and beautiful. (I told you it was gonna be sappy!). So I guess I wanted to share a few ways that my man continues to show me that I am the queen in his life!



**First, there are all the seemingly little things that add up. Filling up all the vehicles all the time so I am never without gas. Starting my vehicle in the morning. Bringing me home starbucks just because. No questions asked taking the kids when I have the opportunity to get out with friends. Filling the house with treats (my favorite: peanut butter M&M's and watermelon Perrier). Drawing a bath for me and my favorite magazine waiting for me. Planning dates. And the list goes on...


**I would have to say that 95 percent of my clothes that I own (that includes everything) was bought by my husband. Don't get me wrong...I like to shop but often end up veering toward the children's stores and never really take the time to try on anything myself. Riley has great taste and knows what I like and I can't remember hardly anything that didn't fit sight unseen!



**Trips. In another career, Riley could be a travel agent. He is a big picture kind of guy but is amazing with details. I guess that is why he is in ministry as well (which by the way, I am so blessed to be walking beside him as he leads & serves@Journeys Church)! Anyways, the deals he finds are unbelievable and our trips away as a family and couple are always amazing. We couldn't do these without grandparents and aunties who help out!




**Building a house. On the side, Riley has committed to building our family a new home where we can continue to become a family as we grow. His willingness to sacrifice and love is incredible. Watching him begin this steep learning curve with patience and resolve is amazing. I am so proud of him and love him more for coming up and following through with this crazy idea! Hopefully we will be in next year sometime...



**As I said earlier Riley is a pastor  and church planting comes with many many great moments but also challenges. His ability to balance work & home life and love doing both truly shows me & the kids his priorites in life. Let me just say that I am honored to be his wife...



**Adoption. First it was pretty cool that we both came to the same spot at the same time. WE both began the research of what we needed to do to bring a child home. But I will say this - i did no where near as much paperwork &  correspondence that Riley did to ensure that we were able to bring a child home ASAP. The fierce love & determination that Riley has for G, M, E & J is something that cannot be broken. And they know it.

I could continue to speak so many wonderful things about my husband. Isn't it great that through marriage, we are able to share so many things together...both good and bad...and continue to learn more and more about each other and fall deeper & deeper in love?

My answer. Absolutely.


with our newest goddaughter
 And the reason that I was inspired to write this post is that my man booked a trip for me to go hang out with my other best friend for 6 days...sans kids...and the kids are going to have a blast with dad!!! Love him.

Enough said.

Talk to you in a week.

Blessings,
Candra

2 comments:

  1. As the other best friend I can most certainly say YIPPEE!! Riley is a great husband and I am very thankful you have him and we have him! I am even happier that he had this trip for you planned before we even knew where'd be! See you in a few hours...thanks Riley...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAve a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete