Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

out of it comes beauty...


Thanks for coming back...Things have changes a little as you have noticed! This last week has been marked by some very important times and learning moments - 

* Sunday I stayed home with Gabriella (sick...) and had some quiet moments to begin a video devo series that Riley bought me. it is all about wisdom. Wisdom that I cannot aquire soley on my own but from and through my relationship with Christ. So it has had me pondering a whole lot to say the least...

* Our house began this week with the footing being poured so Riley was out of the house most spare moments that he had. To say that I thouroughly enjoyed my role as main parent for the week complete with most of the household stuff would not be quite accurate. I have to say that I do enjoy some downtime, some alone time and this week seemed to be  marathon so I am tired....But in saying that, so proud of my man and his willingness to get things done (especially cause the weather held out for us!)

* I worry about many things....health, kids, getting things done, etc...In my head I know that I shouldn't. In my heart, it seems to run rampant sometimes. So this week, i had a verse that I have been keeping close to the forefront al week...
"Guard your hearts & minds in Christ Jesus..." Philippians 4:7
It is so easy to let my guard down, especially about my children and worry so uch for them, rather than cover them in prayer. Which leads me to my next learning moment...

* I was reminded again this week that my children are not solely mine. They are precious gifts from God that have been entrusted into my care for a time. I get to be their mom - overwheling at times yet super awesome! This is a sometimes a tug of war for me but when I finally get it, it brings such peace to situations. That I will be the best mom I know how to be at that moment in time and I hope that my words and actions will be God honoring!

*And...my passion and desire to continue to advocate for adoption and orphans continues to keep on growing but with no clear direction yet, so I am looking forward to where that will take me!!

So hopefully the words I have written are not too confusing. Just lots of learning for me this week. But out of learning comes much beauty...

enjoy learning.


Blessings, Candra

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post!! It was just what I needed to read today, as I could relate almost every part of it! This week has been a marathon for me as well, and what has really helped me through the week is thinking of how my children are not soley mine...they are precious gifts from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you....so soon till you're here!

    ReplyDelete