Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thoughts from a mountain house

We are officially back on the mainland and resting comfortably in our wonderful friends home in the mountains. It is a gorgeous home by the way! Part one of our family vacation was great- a little chilly but good. hightlights from the week included surfing ( riley plus three big kids), playing and hanging out with friends, daily chais ( for me:)), campfires, interpretive programs and our whale watching adventure!We saw humpbacks and a gray whale- but not to be outdone, Rley saw a gray whale WHILE surfing. coolest moment of the trip for him. But the trip was not without it's struggles.In my last post I talked about jumping in with 2 feet. I tried. I really tried. But it seems to be getting harder by the minute. The uncertainty of what we are heading into is tough for me. We both have jobs ( thankful) but as of yet, no place to live and our house hasn't sold. we had 2 almost offers this week and they both fell through. So far. On the adoption front, the delays are looking longer and so As it stands, we will likely have to do our all of our updating in our new province. hard to hear and frustrating. We so want to meet the next little Sexton! But a phrase that I am trying to cling to. " God is good. all the time." This is so hard to remember when life's circumstances seem out of control. Take last night for instance- we were just an hour from our destination ( 11:30pm at nite)-and our tire completely blows out. But in the wisdom of my husbands words- we are all safe, thank goodness we are just minutes outside of kamloops and not going down a mountain pass- I was reminded that God is good. He protects us. I will admit I have had moments of anger, frustration and almost complete shutdown. sometimes it feels like too much. That nothing seems to be working out. I know that this will soon pass and life will continue on. I want so much for it to be the way I planned in my head- but that is not God's way. He says " For I know the plans I have for you..." I need to remember that he has a plan and it does include us answering His call. now I just have to continue to trust His plan. I do hope it comes with resolution to this house stuff and adoption stuff soon though:) haven great evening! will write more complete with pictures about our pacific rim adventure! Blessings, andra

No comments:

Post a Comment