Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

By faith...living life

I promise I will post about our holiday soon - it was fabulous...maybe more than fabulous- epic. but for now I am going to lay it out there. It has not been an easy month. we have had more ups and downs than I have ever experienced before.
Ups
Tofino with the family and great friends
Relaxing and needed time in Vernon with family's and friends
Going "home" to Waterton National Park complete with ice cream and hiking
Hanging out with family and sleeping in a warm place at a family reunion.

Downs
2 offers and 2 almost offers that have fallen through on our home
More delays on the adoption front
Not yet having a place to call home in our new community
Blowing a tire at 11:30 at night just outside of Kamploops ( an hour from our destination)
Fevers for the kids to end Waterton
A contagious virus for my 2 little ones
A hiccup in our most recent offer with our house ( still alive though!)
A flu bug with my littlest
Having our family separated by distance as my husband starts his new position

A verse/ passage that came to mind today was Hebrews 11. By faith. A famous passage that is used many times in sermons, illustrations, and other speeches. IT is a Biblical Hall of fame. But it also spoke to me. I don't think I have ever lived on more faith than I have right now...and I am learning that faith is a growing thing. I don't think I will ever arrive but rather learn to trust God more and lean on Him more.
I will admit it. Am a rather independent person who like to organize, plan and set goals. I can be flexible though and go with the flow... When I know what the end goal is! this last season has been so different than any of that. Even with my goal setting, plan making and organization- it has not worked out the way I thought it should. By faith. There is a purpose in all this. learning to live by faith. Recognizing and valuing the importance of friends and family as we crash at different people's houses, living out of our van for a month and enjoying it, seeing the life giving value of being interdependent sometimes, and trusting that it will work out. These are learning points of this last season. Really, really hard to learn some days.
So we will keep going- Riley and I have tried to live by this saying

" I want to live life with you, not be distracted by it"

And that we will. To end... Living life in Tofino!

Blessings,
Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment