Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

road trip...beginning of vaca!!

July 16
we are on our way to Vancouver today- a 10 hour drive through the mountains. With stops, I estimate that it will be about 14 hours so it is a road trip day. I have been looking forward to this day for a while. Being in the vehicle- nowhere to be, just driving throughGod's beautiful creation . I absolutely love the mountains and if I am honest- very excited to live closer to them!! So many good memories and can't wait to make more.
Yesterday was a hard but good day. We left Saskatoon in the morning as and we drove out I cried- we have lived in Saskatoon for almost 13 years- the longest I have lived anywhere - and it is home. So leaving with just our van and no keys for any houses and no phones felt very strange and sad. It has been a place of tremendous blessings, memories and friendships. And we look forward to continuing them as we move.
So we arrived in Calgary in early evening to my brother and sister in law's house- to an amazing meal and homemade ice cream sandwiches! So good... We realized we haven't been west in almost 2 years which is almost unheard of for us. So it was good to be in Calgary, connect with family and then head out this morning. With Starbucks and second cup in hand.

It is sometimes good to just go-as much as I fight it I am relaxed. I have not been relaxed in almost 6 months. Our house is still not sold ( praying for a miracle!), we don't have a place in Camrose yet, all of our earthly possessions are in storage. It has been hard to relax. To enjoy life's moments. To trust. To believe that God is good. All the time.
I realized that yesterday. That amidst the chaos. The uncertainty. God is good. All the time. I finished a book on the road yesterday called Love does by bob Goff. I would highly recommend it. Here is a quote that struck me

"We're part of God's much bigger plan for the whole world.Just like God's son arrived here, so did you. And after Jesus arrived, God whispered to all of humanity..."it's your move." Heaven's been leaning over the rails in the same way ever since you got here, waiting to see what you will do with your life."

So with all the transitions, God has been prodding me with the question "what's your next step?" And I think over the next three weeks of holidays, I will take time to seriously consider this and remember to thank God cause He is good. all the time.

Blessings,
Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment