Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Beginning of Tofino....

July 17th

I officially got carsick today- not to bad mind you, but for a girl who can read in the car and never gets sick it is a feeling I don't often experience. In my defense, I was turned around giving snacks, calming kids down and giving more snacks. But the slightly ill feelings were all worth it for the drive between Port Alberni and Tofino. What a gorgeous drive with mountains and lakes and culminating at the Pacific ocean!
And are we ever going to have a blast this year! The kids got out of the van and started running and haven't stopped....we set up camp, had a quick supper and headed for the beach. A quite cool beach but a beach none the less. And the kids- all 4 of them were into the water no questions asked! They weren't in bathing suits, and I hadn't brought a towel but they didn't care. They loved it! Riley was ready to check out another site- a 14 foot dead shark washed up on the beach a ways down...but I said maybe not tonight. Wanted the kids to sleep....
I was so fun to watch the kids tonight and I was reminded that sometimes , or more than sometimes, we are not always prepared for what life throws at us. But to look at it with a couple of degrees difference and jump right in an go with it and make the most of it- may just be the best way to live. Tomorrow the house we have had an offer on officially goes on the market- meaning we may not get it if our house doesn't sell SOON. But I am trying to just live this week- enjoy vacation and trust that God's plan is best and He will care for us. And I am also praying that our house will sell soon:)
So I am going to jump in with 2 feet this week, maybe see a shark and live life with my family and some awesome friends that are joining us tomorrow!! Until next time...
Blessings,
Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment