Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

provision

Lately, it has been difficult to write. Not that there isn't alot going on but it is almost a question of where should I start? Crazy way to start a blog post hey? Anyways, thanks for checking in....

January has brought with it some things that have affected me to the core. I have learned that (again) ultimately, I cannot control my own life and what I think I need. I have learned a far deeper trust in God than I have sensed in a long time, and am continually being reminded of HIS provision. sounds a little vague and to be honest, I am not yet ready to put it all out there. However, here is a glimpse...

We are hoping to get the house done by April 1st at the latest. We have plans ( I always have a plan!) to paint the house over feb break. Enter my husband's appendix. Yep. Emergency surgery on Thursday and no lifting anything over 10 pounds for over 4-6 weeks. it capped off an already crazy week of me being back at work full time, followed by the flu for my little princess, and some other discussions and happenings in our life. My questions was really? Why now? but I am learning to recognize that those moments are what make life truly worth living, where we see God at work....

**my sister, parents and another good friend helped me out BIG TIME with the kids for the last 5 days.

**my dad and another amazing friend have offered to get a good start on the drywall in the basement NEXT WEEK. (= tears of gratitude for me)

** a couple that have become great friends over the last few years brought supper tonite for us- an incredible gesture.

** my husband is healing well and has had a couple people stop in to visit.

** I have recognized the need to smile and be thankful for these moments because we never get them back.

joy in the craziness. at church this week, the questions was asked "when did you last feel at peace?" oddly enough ( or maybe not), it was when my husband went in for surgery. In that moment, I knew that the only way I was gonna get though this was to lean on God and trust Him to work out all the details. A glimpse of His daily provision in my life...

this week also marks 3 months since the last update from Canadian immigration regarding our adoption. basically they will issue a statement as to whether or not the process will be open again. We are hoping to hear something positive and praying for resolution. Will keep you posted!

Thanks for reading til the end. It is a bit all over the place but I am learning....and learning is almost always a little messy!

Blessings,
Candra

3 comments:

  1. Hope your hubby is on the mend! I know we often have to just step back and breathe, it's hard sometimes but we just don't control everything.

    Hugs,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for healing and peace for you all...neat to see God's provisions in these moments!
    Blessings, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of you guys! Glad to hear Riley's doing okay and that you've been seeing God's faithfulness and provision through it all. Praying for some good news this week!!

    ReplyDelete