Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

In a glimpse



This past year has brought with it many great memories and adventures... Looking back it has been a year of change and transitions. And I thought I would recap for my own sake and if you would like, feel free to join me in looking back over a great year:

January
I started back to work at my job, which I love! I was blessed to have 9 months of time at home with our little man and he and our little princess transitioned beautifully to daycare! January also brought with it frigid weather which my husband weathered to get the floor system done on our new home...

February
Was a great month as my husband and I got away for our annual getaway sans kids. We are firm believers in time away as a couple ; not only does it strengthen your relationship but it also strengthens our relationship with our kids and gives us perspective on our lives. We usually read a book on marriage and set goals during this time and have tonnes of fun! And the kids get to create memories with family and friends. This year we got to head to a warmer place with sun, beaches and oceans- it was incredible and we are incredibly thankful for moments like these in our lives

March
This was a great month because two of my most favorite people in the entire world celebrated their birthdays. 30 years apart to the day my little princess and my husband were born! And we also celebrated 1 year since our referral of little man...wow.

April
The beginning of spring is always welcome and April is synonymous (almost) with Calbreak. Riley has been part of this incredible ministry for the last 10 or so years and again had the opportunity to be a part of this crazy time with tonnes of youth on buses headed to sunny California. sounds like fun?!? it really is! it is sometimes hard for us who stay put but knowing that daddy/husband gets to share Jesus with people who have possibly never heard is worth it! remembering our time in little man's birth country was also part of this month as he officially became a part of our family 1 year ago....

AND we were officially " paper pregnant" again !!!!! We completed our home study and filed all of our paperwork with our agency for our next adoption (aka 5th child!) and have been waiting ever since. On a side note our oldest 2 kids over the last couple of days/ on separate occasions have said that all they want for their birthday is their new brother/sister. Nothing else. How cool and amazing is that ? I am continually amazed at how God works ithe hearts of not only us as parents, but in our children's hearts as well. and he stirs up a passion in them to care for the orphan...love.it.

May
The house continued to move along and although we are brand new to this process, God has given us incredible patience ( which is often a feat for me!) and are thankful for all that has been accomplished- roof system is going on!
I was reminded this month how important family is and what a privilege it is to be a part of a family that trust and lives out daily their walk with God. we headed to Pomona Acres ( my grandma & late grandpa's farm) for a family reunion with my dad's side of the family. It was fantastic and my kids loved the wide open spaces and many adults who would play with them. Games of standstill, kick the can, worship service and White Valley and lots of visiting were all great parts of the weekend. And the joy on my Grandma 's face.

June
My 2 handsome boys had birthdays this month, which were so much fun to celebrate! my oldest decided on a movie party for 2 friends and our family which was just perfect for him! we celebrated with more family where he got his cake ( a black skateboard ramp complete with tech decks!). And our baby turned 2...eek! so crazy that I am a mom to 4 and the youngest is not even a baby anymore. another major milestone this month is that my beautiful girl finished grade 2 and my handsome son finished kindergarten. they had a great year and I am so proud of them!

The second half of the year will come in a second installment, as this is hetting far too long! Summer holidays, new school, a move for Journeys church, a quick trip to LA, soccer, ballet and more house build.
It is always good to reflect on a year. The first half of 2011 brought with it alot of joy and fun and change. But also hard work, perseverance, grief, sadness. It is sometimes hard but necessary to be reminded that ultimately, my life is not my own. God is in control and as hard as I try to control my own life, it never goes as smoothly as I would hope. amidst all the changes and transitions at this year has brought, God is always there. gently pushing and encouraging. Stripping away my layers of independence, control, selfishness, entitlement and pride. And wrapping me instead in His love, the fruits of the Spirit and with His Grace and forgiveness.
That was a bit of aside but important for me to remember the journey that the first half of the year brought with it!

Blessings,

Candra

No comments:

Post a Comment