Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Around the world in 80 days????


Jules Verne had no idea how easy it could become....  How about 5?  The 2nd cheapest airfare for this trip would have taken me via China to Ethiopia,then home thru England. I'm not going to lie, it was tempting to take that flight just to say I went completely around the globe in 5 days.  But better sense has (tragically) prevailed since I didn't need to add extra strain or time to get our sons home.  Especially attempting this solo style.  I'm currently in London awaiting my next flight to Addis - not flying over the Great Wall.  But the option has planted a seed in my (very) long away retirement possibilities: around the world without taking a plane.  Mind you, with the advancements of technology, by that time it may only take 5 days by train & boat....  That or either I'll want to visit Mars by then!

My flight home with the boys is about as optimal as we could find. And thankfully the cheapest.  I know that word has come up a couple times, but when you are traveling last minute with 4 people, the costs can add up in a hurry!  On the way home we only have one layover (London again). And it's 4 hours. For boys who have never traveled, that seems like adequate opportunity to take our time to walk everywhere needed, find a meal, use the bathroom (probably a few times!) and get where we need to go. I wonder if they will notice the English accent or if it will all sound like the same gibberish to them?  That's the other great thing about our first flight home on Wednesday: it will be with flight attendants who speak the same language as our 3 newest sons.

I'm just finishing a 11.5 hr layover in London.  So I took 'the tube' down to Piccadilly Circus stop again. "Again". How awesome is my life?  Even in spite of the frustrations, challenges & disappointments of a drawn out adoption journey, I won't complain.

Anyway, I should probably find some supper besides 'Jelly Babies'. Candra, I know you are shaking your head as you read this and agreeing with getting some food!


Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment