Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sick but good.


This last week has been LONG!!! Riley was away teaching a class on Biblical Leadership at a bible college. He loves teaching it and always has such an amazing time while he is there; I am so thankful that he has been given opportunities like this. But that wasn't the long part. Riley is away about 5-7 times a year for various board meeting and ministry related things, and the kids and I support and encourage it 100 percent. I am usually super organized when he is gone so the time flies by. 
This time I got sick. On the first day. I haven't been sick in about a year and given that it was back to school/ back to daycare I knew a full on cold would happen sometime. It decided to show up the day Riley left. By Tuesday 4 out of 5 of us had it. By Thursday....all of us. It is not surprising, as I know that when we are being obedient to God's calling in our lives- we often face trials and it requires perseverance, trust, and leaning on him to get us through it. So we made it...barely. Through swimming lessons, ballet, school, work, daycare and birthday parties. I have 4 amazing children who did so well together this week, helped me out, slept through the nights, played together and taught me so much about being and living in the moment! 
We were blessed Friday night to spend a gorgeous hour at a new play park as the sun was setting and in the moment I whispered thank you God for the good things that he gives us and how much He loves us, even when life is tough. 
Riley was home a half hour later and even though we are 6 for 6 for being sick, and it has been a LONG week- it was worth it. God has been teaching me some tough but good things and keeping them in my face so I don't forget about them. He taught me about encouragement through my son. He taught me about generosity and compassion through my daughters. And he reminded me that I am his daughter. Loved beyond measure and he will take care of me - even when I am sick......

1 comment:

  1. Isn't God great like that! Glad you made it through your week - hopefully you're all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete