Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just a step


orphan care and adoption have been at the forefront of my mind for quite a while. I won't lie. I really desire to go serve overseas for a short time and care for and just love some chidren. I would have gone yesterday! But there is that oh so important word "timing". I feel like the time is soon but not yet. so I continue to pray and wait, and be encouraged by so many people who are living out " serving the orphans and widows" . Now don't get me wrong. I am not sitting idle, just waiting for a lightning bolt or something. I don't believe that God always works that way. I know that I need to step somewhere. Like Peter getting out of the boat. 
He got out. 
I need to step out. 
So currently our family has several things on the go:
1. We have just become prayer warriors to 2 little guys waiting to be welcomed into their forever family. They captured out hearts the moment we laid eyes on them! Too bad neither of us are 3- which is required in order to adopt them! Check out my husband's blog for more details!
2. We are in the final stages of wrapping up RUN 143 and planning for next year. Start training! 
3. We currently sponsor a beautiful little boy through a great organization and support several entrepreneurs through KIVA.
4. We are in the middle of our next adoption.

Stepping out into the unknown. giving of our time and our resources. investing and caring for orphans and widows. To me, it sometimes seems small. But it is important as I hear how it is impacting people. And how it is impacting our family to step out further. To Trust in God and to rely on Him even more.
And I say this all not to be boastful but to encourage you that even when you think you can do nothing, there is always something. Enjoy these words & be encouraged...
Isaiah 58: 6 - 12
 6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: 
to loose the chains of injustice 
   and untie the cords of the yoke, 
to set the oppressed free 
   and break every yoke? 
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry 
   and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— 
when you see the naked, to clothe them, 
   and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? 
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, 
   and your healing will quickly appear; 
then your righteousness[a] will go before you, 
   and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. 
9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; 
   you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
   “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, 
   with the pointing finger and malicious talk, 
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry 
   and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, 
then your light will rise in the darkness, 
   and your night will become like the noonday. 
11 The LORD will guide you always; 
   he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land 
   and will strengthen your frame. 
You will be like a well-watered garden, 
   like a spring whose waters never fail. 
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins 
   and will raise up the age-old foundations; 
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, 
   Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
And i will share more about this in my next post. Stepping out into the world of 5 ( or possibly 6!) kids and why are we adopting again? What does it look like for our family? And a little more of my heart...
And to end, here are some random pics that have made me smile this week!
my newest ballerina
learning to crochet from the best!

playing with daddy!

the kids think they have the most super coolest dad
in the whole world - and I tend to agree!
This is part of what was on the menu yesterday....blue rice!
Super. cool. dad.
Blessings,
Candra

1 comment: