Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

discouragement & encouragement

If I am being honest, this has been a difficult end of the week. As you know from my previous posts it isRUN 143 which is continuing to go so well! The runners and support vehicles have been amazing. WE met a couple about 2 weeks ago, who are beginning the adoption process through little man's birth country and they wanted to help out with the run. So they are part of the support vehicle team and are biking tomorrow. They have done some incredibly created things on the road and even decorated their vehicle today! It has been so good getting to know them.
So, you may ask, why am I here typing on the computer? Well, WEdnesday afternoon my oldest started to get bumps on her and by Wednesday night, I knew she had the chicken pox. And then, even with the vaccine, my oldest son got them too! Although, much milder, likely thanks to the needle! So, with babysitters cancelled, I get to be the parent at home this weekend. I can't say that I was ecstatic about being the one to stay home as my plans were a lot different. However, it is where I am most needed and need to be. And life does not always go according to my plans.
Also on Wednesday, we received an update about the processes that are happening with our next adoption.   As it stands right now, the country is closed and will continue to remain closed for the next 3 months as Canadian Immigration continues its investigation. I have not shared much online, but suffice to say, this announcement of further time has been hard.  There is positive steps being taken with our agency, whom I am incredibly grateful for. Our first experience with them was incredible and they have an amazing staff both here and abroad. We know that this adoption could not be in better hands as we have so much trust in them and their knowledge of the system. As a parent, I will continue to pray for our child as we wait. It amazing the love we have for him/her already!
And then to hear the news of the SEVERE drought in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia..I just started crying. it is not fair. I don't know why it continues to happen and why parents must lose their children and why children lose their parents. It is unfathomable and so so sad....
So (not surprising...considering the RUN was about to happen!)  the chicken pox combined with the news of our adoption and the world combined with my change in roles for the weekend left me a bit frazzled.
I am reminded of Proverbs 3:5 & 6 "Trust in the Lord with all of you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight." Trust is easy when things are going well...more difficult when things are not turning out the way I would like. But I know that He has all things in His hand and His timing is perfect!

I did get out to run 10k and was overwhelmed with gratitude that I am able and get to do something about the orphan & adoption awareness . So let's keep on talking about it, keep on supporting at the grassroots level and LIVES WILL BE CHANGED!!!!

Blessings,

Candra

2 comments:

  1. Candra! we will be praying that the joy of the Lord WILL BE your strength!... blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you often. It is so great to have your passion behind this event even though you can't be out as much as you would like. You are a wonderful mother and your family is blessed to have you! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning!!

    ReplyDelete