Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

A day in the life of us...

A day that was the last day of school! I now have a grade 1 and a grade 3 kid living under my roof!
ready for the last day of school!

It seems crazy as I still can picture them as brand new babies...But oh do I love the young lady she is becoming. And my son - he loves school. He didn't want to go the last day because then it would really be done. He learned all about arachnids and exoskeletons and dinosaurs...does love his science!
 I remembered to grab my camera for this epic last day of school but in all honesty...this one stole the show in front of the camera~

At the playpark...






Out for ice cream...






just adorable...






but then again -  so is he...





My kids are awesome...



last day of school tradition...blizzards!


my kids & me at DQ...good times.

 ...and I am so proud of my older 2. They were loved by their teachers and friends and will dearly miss their school. But I know that God has a plan for them...in the moment it is hard to comprehend making new friends, developing new routines...but the moments in time that God is and will be at work in their lives are exciting to think about. And I am praying for some great friends at their new school for my kids!
Just a couple other things that happened that day.

My oldest has been growing her hair for a while now...



and on the last day of Grade 2, she finally was able to cut off..


10 inches of it!!

Now to mail it to Lock of love, which makes wigs for kids that are going through chemotherapy! So proud of her. 
And my last-day-of-school kindegartener came home, having done an interview about random things...what he would like to be when he grows up (monster truck driver) what grade 1 will be like ("lots of work"!) and this quote...




 Melt. My. Heart.  So proud of him.

Now it is all about summer holidays! Wish I had more time off but the kids are lovin it..and some prayers have been answered with some great people to watch our kids!

Have a great evening (hopefully bug free!)
Blessings,
Candra
























ps. we are getting closer to the time when we will know if our wait for our next child will continue to be unresolved or if the program will reopen and begin processing adoptions again! Pray for the latter!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures...your kids are awesome! Oh, I am definitely praying for the latter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely praying for the latter too! Your kids are beautiful - love the haircut too - that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet quote from Malachi! And Ella, LOVE your new haircut and especially the reason for it. How wonderful of you! We're so proud. And, of course, what cuties Jude and Eve still are... and Sexton #5 will be too. The Sextons rock.

    ReplyDelete