Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Always something to learn!

What a weekend it has been! RUN 143 officially wrapped up yesterday, with a great number of people coming out to celebrate the BBQ finish at the end. I am filled with gratitude to those of you who happily and sacrificially supported the run through running/biking, running support vehicles, preparing for the BBQ, and supporting financially! And a big shout out to our our church community who got behind this event in prayers and practically! We are truly excited about what can be done/accomplished at a grassroots level when there is a desire and a passion to get something done! Please considering visiting www.run143.blogspot.com  for pictures and updates from the run!

 finishing 143 km!

And people are already talking about next year so that is super exciting!!!! This weekend, as was mentioned in my last post was not as I thought it would be. I was able to get out and run 10k and then I thought it was done for me. The kids, feeling much better today, had the chicken pox and so I was needed here. Friday was a hard day, and I was fighting hard against self-pity. I had to remind myself that it IS NOT ABOUT ME. This is hard sometimes as life seems to move so much easier when we can control our own life. But God had other plans for me this weekend and it was this- to remind me that sacrificial love and selflessness and celebrating what others are doing is far more lifegiving than wallowing in my own frustrations. That my life is far more about how I function in the kingdom than it is about me. That loving and serving as part of Christ's body of believers is AMAZING. And as this lesson was learned and I asked forgiveness of those whom I had wronged, God showed me His love for me. I was able to get out and do 21 more km on the road and then get to the celebration BBQ as a good friend of our offered to come stay with the 2 older kids. God is good. Friends are good!

I was blown away by the many people who showed up excited each day to be a part of the RUN and to help out. I strongly believe that RUN 143 will grow beyond what Riley and I and our friends first thought possible. Because orphan care and adoption are not only a passion of ours - each of these children is loved by God and he wants what is best for them. To be loved. To be cared for. To have a family. To have joy!!

"Love as He first loved us"

Blessings,
Candra

1 comment:

  1. Candra,

    Thank you for sharing that you were reminded that "sacrificial love and selflessness and celebrating what others are doing is far more lifegiving than wallowing in my own frustrations".

    This past year I have become aware of the correlation between what I choose to see and focus on and my actions and attitudes that arise out of that focus. You reminded me of one lesson that I've been learning. That is, when I am focussing on my immediate circumstances it not only saps my energy, but more importantly it means that I am not looking to God. It also reminded me of 2 Corinthians 4:18.

    ReplyDelete