Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy birthday #2 & a few other random thoughts!


What a wonderful weekend to celebrate the birth of a beautiful boy...we are so thankful that little man is our son and thank God for him each and every day. The festivities started with his favorite breakfast...


scrambled eggs & toast!
We all then went to get slurpees (at 10 o'clock in the morning!). What can I say, it was party time!

it is back...blue shock slurpee. 

Off we went in the afternoon to my oldest's ballet recital. I feel like I am getting very old when I look at this picture...she does not look 7 to me - she is growing up way too fast! Little man sat through about 3/4 of the performance - not bad for a 2 year olds!


trying to be like her big sister!
in motion
I digress - I forgot to mention that my husband was away for 2 weeks at a church conference in England - so of course I got treats when he got back. Amazing!!  I added to my Starbucks mug collection - I cannot believe I am collecting mugs but they are awesome. And he got me chocolates....literally a whole box of fruit filled chocolates!!! My favorite!

Thorton's chocolates...divine!
And our favorite treat from the last time we were there together....

Add caption

Sunday brought with it a great worship gathering followed by a potluck. It is so good to connect with people and eat great food! Little man's birthday party followed with a family BBQ with aunts and uncles, grandparents & cousins! It was perfect!

presents waiting...

the birthday boy with a BIG smile!

cake!!

blowing out the candle - he did it all by himself!

happy birthday!

opening presents...and lovin' it!

with the birthday boy and his new ball!

we love you - even with Uncles' glasses on!


Happy Birthday little man! We had a great weekend celebrating that you are 2!! I can't believe my baby is 2 - we love you and are so excited for what God has in store for you this next year!

And I digress one more time!
A little reminder of why I love where I live...I may not have an ocean or mountains but I get to see this almost every evening. lovin' Saskatchewan!


Blessings,
Candra



6 comments:

  1. His smile says it all. What a happy little guy. Hard to believe he is 2 already.
    Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jude!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! What a happy little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Happy Birthday from South Africa...his smile says it all...he had a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the birthday cake truck!! :)

    ReplyDelete