Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Micah 6:8



I wanted to share with you tonite a bit more about this new journey we are on and where we are at. As I sat down to begin writing, this verse came to mind and so it is here that I will start.
Micah 6:8 has been a defining verse for me and for our family and how attempt to live our lives as followers of Christ. I probably like the verse even more because of its directness and strong language. There is no beating around the bush as he speaks! What does the Lord require of you?

DO JUSTICE.

LOVE MERCY.

WALK HUMBLY

WITH OUR GOD.

For us, these 9 words are a not an option. It doesn't say when you feel like it...or in this circumstance... rather it is a life to pursue. Each day...at home...in workplaces...in our transitions...in our church...as a a person in this world. And all of it - with our God. What a beautiful invitation to be a part of His kingdom...His Church here. Right now. 

The part that is doesn't say is this ----it will be incredibly hard in many instances. It is hard to do justice when there are so many injustices. When our lives become too busy to even see. It is hard to love mercy when we let judgement creep in. When we are impatient or upset. Or when mercy has not been shown to us. It is hard to walk humbly. When we want to be noticed. Or when we want the next best thing. It is is hard to do it "with our God". Because sometimes...we want the recognition. Or we want to be in charge at that moment.  

But living like this is...lifechanging- moving and living as part of His kingdom. Seeing our life and the lives of others transformed by His goodness and love for us. 

His story giving purpose, meaning and breath to our story. 

I wish I could get it right all the time. But I don't. In fact, I probably fail more than I have success. But by His grace we continue moving. Where He leads. And this is where I find myself as we have entered the last few months. Him leading and me attempting to walk humbly:)

stay tuned....

Blessings,
Candra




No comments:

Post a Comment