Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

In a nutshell

well there is some good news to report! Out provincial authorities agreed to give referrals prior to the CIC reopening. I definitely see this as a positive as there are children - in person not just in theory- that can be advocated for! We have been waiting 14 months and at times, has been tough to believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. But God has been so faithful and we are confident that all of this waiting will come to an end soon.
We pray & think about our little one often... The kids often ask if we have had heard anything- they are so excited for another brother/ sister to play with! We are praying that even with our family's transition, that all will happen at the right time.
On Monday, I felt strongly that I was supposed to fast and so for the day I did. I definitely felt that God was asking - Do you trust me? Does ALL of you trust me? WIll you lay down your worries and let me love you? With the move, selling, finding a job, daycare, RUN 143, adoption, saying goodbyes and jumping into a new adventure- the only answer I could give is yes. I am not able to carry this- but " I can do all things through Christ who gives ms strength ". So amidst waiting and the good small steps of our adoption and amidst the chaos of the move I choose to trust!

And speaking of trust and faithfulness - we are so excited to let you know again that the 3rd annual RUN 143 is set to take place on July 12-14! It is an ultra marathon that is raising awareness and money for adoption and orphans. we will be supporting 2 families , 2 baby homes internationally and our local adoption support centre. We have9 runners doing the whole thing and 4 bikers!!!! our biggest yet! if you are interested in supporting us, check out www.run143.com. Our blog (www.run143.blogspot.com) will be updated frequently as well! We continue to be amazed at how God has used this run to bring hope and joy to families and children!

I think that is all for now. My thoughts in a nutshell.
Blessings,
Candra

1 comment:

  1. Keep letter writing, keep advocating! We need to hold our son in our arms, hopefully soon! And it takes the adoption community right now to hold us up and help us along, and when your turn comes we will right there as well!

    Good luck on your run!!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete