Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

With A Grateful Heart

This blog title has been running around in my head for several days now and I thought I was just going to write about thanksgiving. But I have a few other things that I have experienced and am so grateful for over the last week that I thought I would share those as well. 

I am reminded often to be grateful for the things that have been entrusted into my care, for the experiences I get to have, for the relationships that I have with others, and for the opportunities to share God love and promises with others.  So with a grateful heart.....

*Celebrating 91 years of life!



We were blessed to be able to spend the afternoon with my grandpa on his birthday (and only 3 weeks to grandma's). The kids & I and my sister headed out of town and celebrated with cake, visiting and lots of laughter! I love that the kids can bring smiles to their great grandparents faces and bring delight to them. I am so grateful that we have 6 out of 8 grandparents living and that the kids are able to make memories with them as well!


*Riley passed the framing inspection for our house!!


Both upstairs and basement! So now that means we can move onto electricity. We have been so grateful for the support of friends through this building process, stopping onsite to encourage and assist my husband and to help. We have had some close friends take time off work (and they both own private businesses) to come help;  and once again, to get the power in we have a friend helping!! Beyond blessed and grateful for these moments in time!!!

*I had a great day at work today and I love what I do!! I am a pediatric physical therapist and I absolutely love working with families and their children. I recognize too that this is not only a job but a place that I get to be His hands and feet. My kids sometimes get pretty envious that I get to play with toys all day! I am so grateful for my job & my career....

*Thanksgiving was so good to be with family. We got to spend Sunday with my family and headed out to  the ranch on Monday (no pics...sorry).
thanksgiving supper...yum!

And it is always a good time to be reminded of what we are thankful for. My kids and my husband are A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!! I am so grateful for them. Noise and all. Believe me, I didn't talk for about 10-15 minutes after supper tonite - they were having so much fun wrestling on the floor with dad and screaming in delight!!
hopscotch!


ready for almost any sport!


hangin' at the new house!






AND


Our adoption of our 5th child is on the move again! The agency has now moved through the accreditation and will begin referrals again in the next several months!! My husband has wrote a great post on his blog so you can check there for further details. I am so grateful that this small step is such a big step for the little ones that get to go home to their families.

And is not without ALOT of hard work by people that rarely get the credit they deserve....the agencies, the social workers etc. ...it is a culmination of so many people's hard work, advocacy, wisdom, patience and resolve and we are grateful that they continue to do their jobs so well and work so hard on behalf of these children. 
For this, I am grateful. 



Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; 


   his love endures forever.

Blessings,
Candra


4 comments:

  1. Love you all (here and there) so much. Thank you for your inspiration. I am thankful for you too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen - so many things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful day yesterday to hear the great news!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete